Merch/Service/Food Vendor Guidelines
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MISSION STATEMENT AND EXPECTATIONS
Customer service is first and foremost. Polite, cooperative, and positive interactions with customers, fellow vendors, event volunteers, and staff is required and expected at all times. Our customers and friends are your customers and friends. 1228956 B.C. LTD. (Five Acre Productions) in no way implies or guarantees sales or customer counts. As an independent contractor, each vendor is required to implement best business practices to attract customers and sales.
FOOD/MERCH VENDOR GUIDELINES
- Please be sure to read application in its entirety
- Application and past participation do not guarantee acceptance
- Payments to be made by cheque to: 1228956 B.C. LTD. or E-Transfer to: [email protected] or [email protected]
- All documentation and full payment due 60 days before event start date (unless otherwise arranged)
- Please fill out application in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Failure to meet application deadlines may result in forfeiture of booth space
Applications are graded on product uniqueness, previous vending experience, product quality and overall presentation. No space will be held without a completed contract. All vendors shall pay $100 in a separate cheque as a cleanup deposit. This fee will be refunded upon satisfactory cleanup of debris removal within a 10’ radius of the concession. This must be completed each day of operation and the end of the contract. Vendors must remove all equipment and debris immediately at the completion of the event. Failure to do so will invoke forfeiture of deposit. Deposit will be refunded within 30 days post event.
- Event management will assign booth locations to each vendor
- Vendors may not trade, switch, or set up in another area
- A venue staff member will review your square footage and any modifications to your site
- No refunds for cancellations within 60 days of event
- No refunds for inclement weather
BOOTH OPERATION GUIDELINES
- No space-sharing, subletting, or reassignment of contract to another party will be permitted
- 1228956 B.C. LTD. provides onsite security, but is not responsible for lost or stolen property. In case of security issues, please notify an event staff member or contact the security dispatch
- Ensure your booth area and 20’ in front of your booth is free of debris
- All workers must be presentable, dressed appropriately and in proper hygiene
- Booth must be clean and in good structural condition
- Signage must be professional
- DURING THE EVENT – no in/out privileges unless arranged during application process.
- Access for stock reload (propane etc.) must be completed by 12:00 noon daily. All vendors must plan accordingly for re-supply.
- Limited vendor camping is available. Camping Pass NOT included. Vendors are encouraged to book early.
- Vendor Camping is available: (see Site and Camping Rules and Regulations)
- Tent – $60.00
- RV (no hookup) – $100.00
- RV (with hookup) – $ 200.00 (full price due to limited availability)
ADDITIONAL WRISTBAND & PARKING
- All workers must display an approved event wristband at all times. Any persons on the festival grounds without a wristband will be escorted out.
- Full Event General Admission wristbands are provided in the following quantities. Four (4) – Entrée Food Vendors, Two (2) – Snack Food Vendors / Merchandise Vendors. Any additional wristbands are available at a discount of 50% off the retail rate. Limited quantities available subject to promoter’s discretion.
- All vendors shall receive one (1) Staff Parking Lot Pass. Parking is extremely limited.
- All tents used for assembly and/or cooking must be constructed of flame-retardant material. If tent has been flame-treated, proper documentation to verify is required. No recreational utility tarps are allowed.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Vendors must comply with all Five Acre Shaker – ACRD – BC Safety Authority – VIHA regulations
- No alcoholic beverages or drugs permitted in rental space
- Any vendor in non-compliance with the VIHA regulations will be asked to rectify the issue, failure to do so will result in immediate closure
- Vendors must comply with Five Acre Shaker guidelines for the disposal of grey-water, grease, recyclables and garbage.
- When using 100 lb propane cylinders, the maximum to site is four cylinders. Two cylinders are to be connected by a manifold system and secured to structure while two used as spares.
- 20 lb. cylinders must be set in a box or crate to prevent it from being overturned.
- Use soapy water to test all fittings and connections for leaks before operating the appliance.
- Use approved CSA – VIHA appliances only.
- All equipment, hoses, connections, piping and cylinders must be of approved type and in good condition.
- The travel distance to the nearest extinguisher cannot exceed 10 m or as required by the Fire Department.
- Cooking appliances shall be operated at least 1m distance from any combustible material, structure or tent or separated using fire rated wallboard, tile of stainless steel to reduce spatial requirements.
- All open flames, hot plates, grills, BBQs and other cooking appliances shall be out of reach of the public. Provide a 1 m barrier around all such appliances to prevent the public from intentional or accidental contact.
- Deep fryers must be separated from open flame grills or devices by a minimum 40 cm space or by using a 40cm stainless steel baffle between appliances.
- Deep fat fryers must not rest on combustible material or be situated within 1 m of tent walls. The use of non-combustible material such as fire rated wall board, tile or stainless steel under and behind may reduce spatial requirements.
- Food venues with exhaust hood extinguishing systems shall have an up to date certified inspection and be operational. The proper fire extinguisher shall be provided to supplement the extinguishing agent in the hood system.
- Briquettes shall be wetted down and properly disposed of in a non-combustible container partially filled with sand.
PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS
- All Festival food vendors are required to complete a food facilities registration form supplied by VIHA.
- This application will be sent to those approved vendors who are invited to vend.
- Your booth may be inspected by a Health Inspector, Gas Inspector, Electrical Inspector and a Fire Marshall prior to or during event.
- Your booth will have a measurement inspection to ensure correct selling space.
- If erecting your own tent, Festival Operations will inspect the anchoring and if deemed insufficient they will anchor your tent and charge for that service.
WATER, TRASH, AND GREY WATER
- Vendors must properly dispose of garbage, cardboard and recyclables in the provided and marked bins.
- Vendor is responsible for cleaning and maintenance of their booth.
- Vendors must dispose of grey water into provided bin. Any vendors disposing of grey water to ground will be evicted from premises and reported to VIHA.
- Vendors are not granted exclusive rights to sell any item.
- Vendors are free to price products accordingly.
- Only menu items approved by the Five Acre Shaker vendor selection committee may be sold and may vary for each event.
- Vendors must list on their application all items they wish to sell. Items not listed and approved may not be sold and will be removed from vendor’s booth.
- Changes/additions are only allowed with pre-approval by the Five Acre Shaker vendor committee prior to the start of the event.
- Under the BC Food Premises Regulation, the production, sale, or distribution of marijuana edibles is not currently permitted
Suppliers that have on-site product-line exclusivity rights to our festival grounds, including your rental space, are to be announced. There is a zero-tolerance policy regarding the selling, displaying or consuming of any products other than these suppliers without prior approval of the event management. Vendors will be immediately decommissioned if found non-compliant and forfeit their contract rental deposit.
BOOTH CLEAN UP
- Dismantling after event is permitted. Egress is not permitted until 6 am the morning after the last day of event.
- Vendors must take home their entire booths – including carpet, display racks, storage containers and decorations.
- Any vendors failing to completely clean up their booth will forfeit their cleanup deposit of $100.00.
TAXES AND INSURANCE
- Vendors must furnish event management with a certificate of insurance naming 1228956 B.C. LTD., City of Port Alberni, and McLean Mill Historic Site as being additionally insured. The LIMIT of Liability shall be no less than $2,000,000
- Vendor is responsible for his or her own insurance for Fire, Theft, Vandalism, etc.
- Insurance certificates shall be provided no later than 30 days prior to event
Except to the extent caused by the negligent act of 1228956 B.C. LTD. or its employees, The Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless 1228956 B.C. LTD., its officers, directors, licensees, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, obligations, causes of action and lawsuits and all damages, liabilities, fines, judgments, costs (including settlement costs), and expenses associated therewith (including the payment of reasonable legal fees and disbursements) (“Claims”), arising out of: (1) any breach of any obligation or covenant made by THE VENDOR in this Agreement; (2) any wrongful act, negligent act or omission of THE VENDOR, or those of its employees, agents, or subcontractors or any person(s) for whom in law THE VENDOR is responsible, with respect to this Agreement; or (3) any claim that the use of any of the VENDOR trademarks in accordance with the terms of this Agreement violates or infringes upon the trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party in or to such property, or any other rights of any third party.
If 1228956 B.C. LTD. is hindered in or prevented from the performance of any term, covenant or act required to be performed by 1228956 B.C. LTD. under the terms of this agreement, or if events are cancelled in whole or in part, by reason of any cause beyond the control of 1228956 B.C. LTD. including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts or other labor disputes, the enactment, amendment or repeal of any applicable laws, riots, insurrection, sabotage, rebellion, war, acts of terrorism, acts of God, or any other similar reason, then performance of such term, covenant or act is excused and THE VENDOR shall not be entitled to a refund of any monies already paid to 1228956 B.C. LTD. under the terms of this agreement nor shall the Vendor be entitled to claim damages for any loss incurred as against 1228956 B.C. LTD. including the loss of income or profit. 1228956 B.C. LTD. reserves the right to amend these guidelines as needed. In the event of a dispute, the decision of 1228956 B.C. LTD. Management will be accepted as final.
Fees cover all 3 days of The Five Acre Shaker Music Festival. Camping Pass NOT included.
Note: No Fee required for Thursday, August 6th.
For maps please visit www.fiveacre.ca
Merchandise Vendors: $350 – 10’ Wide x 10’ Deep (includes 2 event tickets)
$700 – 20’ Wide x 10’ Deep (includes 4 event tickets
Food Entrée Vendors: $800 + 30 Meal Vouchers (includes 4 event tickets)
Food-Snack Vendors: $400 + 30 Snack Vouchers (includes 2 event tickets)
MEAL VOUCHERS/FOOD-ENTRÉE VENDORS:
The meal vouchers form part of your vendor fee, and therefore, you will not be reimbursed by Five Acre Shaker. The festival will be printing/distributing vouchers labeled with your business name and will be used for Shaker 2020 staff meals as well as customer giveaways to promote your business. Please be sure to have a full meal option (1 Main & 1 Side, est. value $10.00, beverage not included) on your menu, include a description of the option in your application.
SNACK VOUCHERS/FOOD-SNACK VENDORS:
These vouchers form part of your vendor fee, and therefore, you will not be reimbursed by Five Acre Shaker. The festival will be handing out 30 snack vouchers equivalent to $5 (no cash back), labeled with your business name and printed by the festival, these vouchers will be used as giveaways and incentives for customers/volunteers.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Food vendor booths must remain open for the duration of the event. Event goes on rain or shine and all vendors are expected to be open during the hours listed unless they are notified otherwise by event management.
Date Merchandise Vendors Food Vendors
Thursday, Aug 6: 4 pm – 11 pm 4 pm – 11 pm
Friday, Aug 7: 4 pm – 11 pm 4 pm – 11 pm
Saturday, Aug 8: 11 am – 11 pm 11 am – 11 pm
Sunday, Aug 9: 11 am – 8 pm 11 am – 9 pm
Vendors are expected to retain their own float and change. Cash machines will be available on site for customer use.
Load In: Thu Aug 6th: noon – 4 pm
Fri Aug 7th: noon – 4 pm
Load Out: May not commence before 6 am Monday, Aug 10th, 2020. Timing is subject to safe egress and limited noise impact on our campers.
** The Main Event Area is open until 2 am Friday & Saturday, and 11 pm Sunday – we encourage vendors to stay until this time if they would like – good opportunities for final orders after last call with the liquor license.