WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CAMPING SITUATION?
- For full camping information CLICK HERE
WASHROOMS AND SHOWERS ?
- This year for those camping we will have 2 tent style heated showers operating in the heart of the woods. Signs will be present to direct you to these and they can be used at any time. This way you can be so fresh and so clean for the whole festival!
Public Washroom Facilities:
- The campsites will only have outhouses operating (with our green team ensuring they are stocked and clean).
- The main event area has outhouses and a Public Mens, Womens, & Family working washroom with change tables.
- 12 & Under – Free admission – must have paid supervising adult
- 15 & Under – require paid supervising adult
- There is a recommended curfew of 10 pm for 12 & U from the main liquor license area but this will not be enforced.
- Kid Zone area:
- 12 & U must have supervising adult
- We are in no way responsible for babysitting/day care of the area.
- There is an onsite playground as well beside the kid zone
- Activities included: Water play area, bouncy castles, Outdoor movie theatre (7 p.m.), workshops (family acro, kids yoga, hula).
- Shady Acres Area – Must be 19 + to enter. As well as the After Party
- Zero tolerance for underage drinking or substance use or the supply of alcohol to any minor. Participants will be banned indefinitely and dealt with according to the BC laws.
- Minors subject to bag check and bottle check. Security on site 24 hours.
- Family camping – will not be separated fully from other camping. Current phase of camping development still has it sitting relatively close to the Main event area – this means that even though 11 p.m. generators off and quiet time in camping area – sound will still be audible from the main event area until the liquor license and main stage closes (2 a.m.) plan for proper sound proof methods (earplugs!).
- Please remember that this is a music festival, music will be loud. Remember proper ear protection for your child/yourself. We will also not be able to fully sensor what is said/sung on stage. We have tied to lessen this on the young ones by providing curfew and tailoring our lineup schedule to this curfew.
- Please refer to festival rules & regulations also for more general information
IS THERE FOOD ON SITE?
- We will have a variety of Food options on site to appeal to a your taste buds. This includes savory meals to cold treats!
- Food in camping area: no glass bottles/ware allowed. No open flame/fire! (remember we are in dry season on a national historic site!)
- Merch & Artisan vendors will also be set up to browse and support.
WHAT TYPE OF WORKSHOPS ARE THERE? ARE THERE ANY ACTIVITIES TAILORED TO ADULTS? (SHADY ACRES AREA)
- This is a 19+ event area.
- We will be running adult workshops here which include:
- Acro Yoga
- Drum Circle
- Flow Yoga
- Pole Dance
- Pole Stretch
- There will be a designated green friendly dab zone area. Port Alberni Cannabis Club will be providing smoking and vaping tools as well as a chill environment for those that choose to partake. The sale of marijuanna is not permitted at this event.
- Shady Acres After Party – after main stage shuts down. Open 2 – 5 a.m. B.Y.O.B. It allows those that want to stay up and dance and be loud to be away from those in the camping area that would like to rest up. Must have camping and event pass to enter. Must be 19 + to enter. Click Here for more information.
WHAT ARE THESE GREEN INITIATIVES I KEEP HEARING ABOUT?
- Reducing Single Use Plastics:
- No on-site sale of single use plastic waterbottles
- We encourage B.Y.O.B – bring your own bottle to fill – we have water stations around site and it can be used for adult beverages at the bar/twin city brewing tent
- SS 16 oz Shaker cups – FREE to the first 20 through the gate each day! and for purchase at the merch tent
- 22 oz Shaker waterbottles – for purchase at the merch tent with a FREE Cariboo lanyard
- Transportation: bike to site, carpool, #exploreportalberni and jump on the city bus, or take our Shaker shuttle (stay tuned for times/schedule HERE).
- Reduce Waste: recycle and compost bins will be up on site. Reduce waste by reducing what you pack in. Leave site clean!
- Click here for full information on our Initiatives and on Social Roots Consulting – a Local consult company helping us take steps in the right direction.