Five Acre shaker weekend Concert Series
Kinsmen Community Complex/Fall Fair Grounds, Port Alberni, BC
Aug 11th Doors Open: 4:30 pm Event 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
& Aug 12th Doors Open: 4:30 pm Event 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Estimated attendance/day: 750
- Please be sure to read application in its entirety
- Application and past participation does not guarantee acceptance
- Payments to be made by cheque to 1228956 B.C. Ltd or E-Transfer to [email protected]
- All documentation and full payment due 30 days before event start date (unless otherwise arranged)
- Please fill out application in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Failure to meet application deadlines may result in forfeiture of booth space
- Applications are graded on product uniqueness, previous vending experience, product quality and overall presentation. No space will be held without a completed contract.
- All vendors shall pay $100 in a separate cheque as a cleanup deposit. This fee will be refunded to the vendor upon satisfactory cleanup of debris removal within a 10’ radius of the concession. This must be completed each day of operation and the end of the contract. Vendors must remove all equipment and debris at the completion of the event. Failure to do so will invoke forfeiture of deposit. Deposit will be refunded within 30 days post event.
- Event management will assign booth locations to each vendor
- Vendors may not trade, switch, or set up in another area
- A venue staff member will review your square footage and any modifications to your site
- No refunds for cancellations within 30 days of event
- No refunds for inclement weather
- Booth must be clean and in good structural condition . Signage must be professional. Vendors are required to provide everything needed for booth set-up (your own tables, tents, chairs, power bars, extension cords, hoses, etc).
- DURING THE EVENT – no in/out privileges of unit unless arranged during application process.
- Access for stock reload must be completed by 12:00 noon daily. All vendors must plan accordingly for re-supply.
- 15 amp Power stations available for Vendors. Vendor must supply one, 50ft long extension cord with 3 prongs. Must be 15A/120V CSA Approved.
- Generators are NOT permitted in event site. Propane or other quiet alternative power sources may be permitted at the discretion of the Vendor Coordinator. Notify need of Power to Coordinator pre-event.
- Runner Water: Vendor must supply 100 ft hose, and a Y-Pipe. Notify need for water to Coordinator pre-event.
- Available On-Site. Limited capacity (purchased separate) Click HERE for Camping Tickets and Information
- Tent –$59.00
RV (no hookup) -$99.00
Additional Pass – $25.00
- Available Staff Parking and General Public Parking Lots
- Must unload in designated times. Must move vehicle off site to parking lot and at no times can the roadway impede traffic to pass by.
- All vendors shall receive one (1) Staff Parking Lot Pass. Parking is limited.
Load In : Friday, Aug 11th: Noon-4:15 pm
Load Out : Preferred Sunday, Aug 13th by noon at latest.
- If needed: Load out Saturday, Aug 12th 11:30 pm can be arranged (timing is subject to safe egress and access)
- *** At 11 pm the Main event outdoor will be closing. You must have a way to secure your belongings after this time. Should you need assistance getting walk out access through outdoor fencing to load out any valuables then the Vendor Coordinator can assist you with gaining that access.
Booth Operations Guidelines
- No space-sharing, subletting, or reassignment of contract to another party will be permitted
- Five Acre Co provides onsite security, but is not responsible for lost or stolen property. In case of security issues please notify a visible event, staff member or contact the security dispatch
- Ensure your booth area & 10’ in front of your booth is free of debris
- All workers must be presentable, dressed appropriately, and in proper hygiene
Mission Statement and Expectation
Customer service first and foremost. Polite, cooperative & positive interactions with customers, fellow vendors, event volunteers and staff is required and expected. Our customers and friends are your customers and friends. Five Acre Co in no way implies or guarantees sales or customer counts. As an independent contractor, each vendor is required to invoke best business practices to attract customers and sales.
- All workers must display an approved event wristband at all times. Any persons on the event grounds without a wristband will be escorted out.
- Full Event General Admission wristbands are provided in the following quantities. Three (3) – Entrée Food Vendors, Two (2) – Snack Food Vendors / Merchandise Vendors. Any additional wristbands are available for a discount of 50% off the final retail rate. Limited quantities available subject to promoter’s discretion.
- All vendors shall receive one (1) Staff Parking Lot Pass.
Booth Clean Up
- Dismantling after event is permitted.
- Vendors must take home their entire booths – including carpet, display racks, storage containers and decorations.
- Any vendors failing to completely clean up their booth will forfeit their cleanup deposit of $100.00.
Except to the extent caused by the negligent act of Five Acre Co Concert Series or its employees, The Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Five Acre Co, its officers, directors, licensees, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, obligations, causes of action and lawsuits and all damages, liabilities, fines, judgments, costs (including settlement costs), and expenses associated therewith (including the payment of reasonable legal fees and disbursements) (“Claims”), arising out of: (1) any breach of any obligation or covenant made by THE VENDOR in this Agreement; (2) any wrongful act, negligent act or omission of THE VENDOR, or those of its employees, agents, or subcontractors or any person(s) for whom in law THE VENDOR is responsible, with respect to this Agreement; or (3) any claim that the use of any of the VENDOR trademarks in accordance with the terms of this Agreement violates or infringes upon the trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party in or to such property, or any other rights of any third party.
If Five Acre Co is hindered in or prevented from the performance of any term, covenant or act required to be performed by Five Acre Co under the terms of this agreement, or if events are cancelled in whole or in part, by reason of any cause beyond the control of Five Acre Co including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts or other labor disputes, the enactment, amendment or repeal of any applicable laws, riots, insurrection, sabotage, rebellion, war, acts of terrorism, acts of God, or any other similar reason, then performance of such term, covenant or act is excused and THE VENDOR shall not be entitled to a refund of any monies already paid to Five Acre Co under the terms of this agreement nor shall the Vendor be entitled to claim damages for any loss incurred as against Five Acre Co including the loss of income or profit.
Five Acre Co reserves the right to amend these guidelines as needed.
In the event of a dispute, the decision of Five Acre Co management will be accepted as final.
Booth Fees – Artisan Vendors
- Fees cover both days of the Five Acre Shaker Weekend Concert Series
- For more information please visit www.fiveacre.ca
10’W x 10’D $75/day (2 day minimum = $150 total) – Includes 2 event tickets
20’W x 10’D $150/day (2 day minimum = $300 total) – Includes 2 event tickets
- All workers must display an approved event wristband at all times. Any persons on the festival grounds without a wristband will be escorted out.
- Any additional wristbands are available for a discount off the final retail rate. Limited quantities available subject to promoter’s discretion.
Hours of Operation
Vendor booths must remain open for the duration of the event. Event goes on rain or shine and all vendors are expected to be open during the hours listed unless they are notified otherwise by event management.
|| Merch Vendors
|| Food Vendors
||4:30 – 11 pm
||4:30 – 11 pm
||4:30 – 11 pm
||4:30 – 11 pm
* The Main Event Area is open until 11 pm – we require vendors to stay open until this time. (Event is open until 2 am – Food vendors may stay open for full event).
Vendors are expected to retain their own float and change. Cash machines will be available on site for customer use.
Load In: Friday, Aug 11th: Noon-4:15 pm
Load Out: Preferred Sunday, Aug 13th by noon at latest.
If needed: Load out Saturday, Aug 12th 11:30 am can be arranged (timing is subject to safe egress and access)
|July 14th 2023
|| All forms due (including application form, concession agreement and cheques) received by Five Acre Co.
July 21st 2023 Proof of liability insurance and health permit provided by food vendors
(Don’t hesitate to contact us outside of these deadlines as we may still be able to accommodate your business!)
VENDOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
All vendors are responsible for knowing and following all the Event rules and regulations listed below:
- Vendors attending Five Acre Concert Series must be open, staffed and ready for business when the gates open.
- Unruly behaviour, making demands and any verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated. Those violating these Vendor Rules and Regulations will be escorted off site by Security/RCMP.
- No sale of raffle tickets for any items for fundraising activities without prior approval.
- Vendors may place their own signage inside their respective areas.
- Vendors will only be allowed to sell approved items.
- No REFUNDS. The Summer Concert Series is not responsible for personal loss or injury, or for any monetary loss that you may incur because of your participation in this event. Booth space is for a single operation only. No sub-leasing or sharing of space is allowed.
- Please keep the space around your booth clean and free of debris. All your garbage and recycling must be moved to the designated bins throughout the day and at the end of each day. This includes empty cartons and boxes.
- Please keep clothing racks etc. within the confines of your booth space.
- Organizers will not supply tents, tables or chairs for artisan vendors. Please bring your own.
- Vendors are responsible for ensuring that their goods are secured. While there are security personnel on site 24 hours a day, they are not responsible for individual booths and articles. Each vendor should ensure the security of their own items.
- NO bullhorns or megaphones, flashing lights or strobes, speakers or other amplified sound are allowed.
- NO hawkers. A vendor cannot solicit or harass the crowd for sales.
- NO vehicles of any kind are allowed on site by any vendor during the event operating hours.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PETS are allowed on the grounds and/or including booth spaces except for guide dogs and service animals. Please leave pets at home; we will not tolerate animals left in vehicles.
- Final booth setup and display are subject to approval by the Vendor Coordinator on site.
- Vendors must abide by the vendor guidelines and follow direction from Event organizers.
- Vendors are asked to allow Event organizers the right to take pictures and/or videos and to use their pictures and/or videos for future promotional opportunities for Five Acre Co. If you have not given permission, it is your responsibility to let the photographer know.
- ALL ITEMS must be removed from the site at the vendor’s expense. Five Acre Co reserves the right to charge additional post-Event fees as needed or to deny a vendor access to future events.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY: At NO time are alcohol or illegal drugs to be consumed on site or brought onto the grounds. If it is found that a vendor is in violation of this clause the booth will be shut down immediately. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING INSIDE YOUR BOOTH. Please report if you spot any suspicious activity to one of our staff workers.