Food Vendor Guidelines
Food Vendor Guidelines
Five Acre shaker weekend Concert Series
Kinsmen Community Complex/Fall Fair Grounds, Port Alberni, BC
Aug 11th Doors Open: 4:30 pm Event 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
& Aug 12th Doors Open: 4:30 pm Event 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Estimated attendance/day: 750
- Please be sure to read application in its entirety
- Application and past participation does not guarantee acceptance
- Payments to be made by cheque to 1228956 B.C. Ltd or E-Transfer to [email protected]
- All documentation and full payment due 30 days before event start date (unless otherwise arranged)
- Please fill out application in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Failure to meet application deadlines may result in forfeiture of booth space
Applications are graded on product uniqueness, previous vending experience, product quality and overall presentation. No space will be held without a completed contract.
All vendors shall pay $100 in a separate cheque as a cleanup deposit. This fee will be refunded to the vendor upon satisfactory cleanup of debris removal within a 10’ radius of the concession. This must be completed each day of operation and the end of the contract. Vendors must remove all equipment and debris at the completion of the event. Failure to do so will invoke forfeiture of deposit. Deposit will be refunded within 30 days post event.
- Event management will assign booth locations to each vendor
- Vendors may not trade, switch, or set up in another area
- A venue staff member will review your square footage and any modifications to your site
- No refunds for cancellations within 30 days of event
- No refunds for inclement weather
- Booth must be clean and in good structural condition
- Signage must be professional
- DURING THE EVENT – no in/out privileges of unit unless arranged during application process.
- Access for stock reload (propane etc.) must be completed by 12:00 noon daily. All vendors must plan accordingly for re-supply.
Booth Operations Guidelines
- No space-sharing, subletting, or reassignment of contract to another party will be permitted
- Five Acre Co provides onsite security, but is not responsible for lost or stolen property. In case of security issues please notify a visible event staff member or contact the security dispatch
- Ensure your booth area & 10’ in front of your booth is free of debris
- All workers must be presentable, dressed appropriately, and in proper hygiene
Mission Statement and Expectation
Customer service first and foremost. Polite, cooperative & positive interactions with customers, fellow vendors, event volunteers and staff is required and expected. Our customers and friends are your customers and friends. Five Acre Co in no way implies or guarantees sales or customer counts. As an independent contractor, each vendor is required to invoke best business practices to attract customers and sales.
- All workers must display an approved event wristband at all times. Any persons on the event grounds without a wristband will be escorted out.
- Full Event General Admission wristbands are provided in the following quantities. Three (3) – Entrée Food Vendors, Two (2) – Snack Food Vendors / Merchandise Vendors. Any additional wristbands are available for a discount. Limited quantities available subject to promoter’s discretion.
- All vendors shall receive one (1) Staff Parking Lot Pass.
- All tents used for assembly and/or cooking must be constructed of flame retardant material. If tent has been flame treated, proper documentation to verify is required. No recreational utility tarps are allowed.
Health & Safety
- Vendors must comply with all Five Acre Co – BC Safety Authority – VIHA regulations
- No alcoholic beverages or drugs permitted in rental space
- Any vendor in non-compliance with the VIHA regulations will be asked to rectify the issue, failure to do so will result in immediate closure
- Vendors must comply with Five Acre Co guidelines for the disposal of greywater, grease, recyclables and garbage.
- When using 100 lb propane cylinders, the maximum to site is four cylinders. Two cylinders are to be connected by a manifold system and secured to structure while two used as spares.
- 20 lb. cylinders must be set in a box or crate to prevent it from being overturned.
- Use soapy water to test all fittings and connections for leaks before operating the appliance.
- Use approved CSA – VIHA appliances only.
- All equipment, hoses, connections, piping and cylinders must be of approved type and in good condition.
- The travel distance to the nearest extinguisher cannot exceed 10m or as required by the Fire Department.
- Cooking appliances shall be operated at least 1m distance from any combustible material, structure or tent or separated using fire rated wallboard, tile of stainless steel to reduce spatial requirements.
- All open flames, hot plates, grills, BBQs and other cooking appliances shall be out of reach of the public. Provide a 1m barrier around all such appliances to prevent the public from intentional or accidental contact.
- Deep fryers must be separated from open flame grills or devices by a minimum 40 cm space or by using a 40cm stainless steel baffle between appliances.
- Deep fat fryers must not rest on combustible material or be situated within 1 m of tent walls. The use of non-combustible material such as fire rated wall board, tile or stainless steel under and behind may reduce spatial requirements.
- Food venues with exhaust hood extinguishing systems shall have an up to date certified inspection and be operational. The proper fire extinguisher shall be provided to supplement the extinguishing agent in the hood system.
- Briquettes shall be wetted down and properly disposed of in a non-combustible container partially filled with sand.
Permits & Inspections
- All Event food vendors are required to complete a food facilities registration form supplied by VIHA.
- This application will be sent to those approved vendors who are invited to vend.
- Your booth may be inspected by a Health Inspector, Gas Inspector, Electrical Inspector and a Fire Marshall prior to or during event.
- Your booth will have a measurement inspection to ensure correct selling space.
- If erecting your own tent, event operations will inspect the anchoring and if deemed insufficient they will anchor your tent and charge for that service.
Water, Trash & Greywater Disposal
- Vendors must properly dispose of garbage, cardboard and recyclables in the provided and marked bins.
- Vendor is responsible for cleaning and maintenance of their booth.
- Any vendors disposing of grey water to ground will be evicted from premises and reported to VIHA.
- Vendors are not granted exclusive rights to sell any item.
- Vendors are free to price products accordingly. Prices must remain in effect for duration of event unless approved by the vendor coordinator. (To prevent undercutting)
- Only menu items approved by the Five Acre Co vendor selection committee may be sold and may vary for each event.
- Vendors must list on their application all items they wish to sell. Items not listed and approved may not be sold and may be removed from vendor’s booth.
- Changes/additions are only allowed with pre-approval by the Five Acre Co vendor
- committee prior to the start of the event.
Suppliers that have on-site product-line exclusivity rights to our event grounds, including your rental space, are to be announced. There is a zero-tolerance policy regarding the selling, displaying or consuming of any products other than these suppliers without prior approval of the event management. Vendors will be immediately decommissioned if found non-compliant and forfeit their contract rental dollars.
Booth Clean Up
- Dismantling after event is permitted.
- Vendors must take home their entire booths – including carpet, display racks, storage containers and decorations.
- Any vendors failing to completely clean up their booth will forfeit their cleanup deposit of $100.00.
Taxes & Insurance
- Vendors must furnish event management with a certificate of insurance naming
- 1228956 B.C. Ltd & City of Port Alberni as being additionally insured. The LIMIT of Liability shall be no less than $2,000,000
- Vendor is responsible for his or her own insurance for Fire, Theft, Vandalism, etc.
- Insurance certificates shall be provided no later than 30 days prior to event
Except to the extent caused by the negligent act of Five Acre Co Concert Series or its employees, The Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Five Acre Co, its officers, directors, licensees, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, obligations, causes of action and lawsuits and all damages, liabilities, fines, judgments, costs (including settlement costs), and expenses associated therewith (including the payment of reasonable legal fees and disbursements) (“Claims”), arising out of: (1) any breach of any obligation or covenant made by THE VENDOR in this Agreement; (2) any wrongful act, negligent act or omission of THE VENDOR, or those of its employees, agents, or subcontractors or any person(s) for whom in law THE VENDOR is responsible, with respect to this Agreement; or (3) any claim that the use of any of the VENDOR trademarks in accordance with the terms of this Agreement violates or infringes upon the trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party in or to such property, or any other rights of any third party.
If Five Acre Co is hindered in or prevented from the performance of any term, covenant or act required to be performed by Five Acre Co under the terms of this agreement, or if events are cancelled in whole or in part, by reason of any cause beyond the control of Five Acre Co including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts or other labor disputes, the enactment, amendment or repeal of any applicable laws, riots, insurrection, sabotage, rebellion, war, acts of terrorism, acts of God, or any other similar reason, then performance of such term, covenant or act is excused and THE VENDOR shall not be entitled to a refund of any monies already paid to Five Acre Co under the terms of this agreement nor shall the Vendor be entitled to claim damages for any loss incurred as against Five Acre Co including the loss of income or profit.
Five Acre Co reserves the right to amend these guidelines as needed.
In the event of a dispute, the decision of Five Acre Co management will be accepted as final.
Fees cover both days of the Five Acre Co Summer Concert Series
For more information please visit www.fiveacre.ca
|$150 + 15 Meal Vouchers (Includes 2 Event Tickets) 10’x10′ area|
|Food Entrée Vendors||$300 + 15 Meal Vouchers (Includes 2 Event Tickets) 20’ Wide x 20’ Deep|
Meal Vouchers/Food-Entrée Vendors:
The meal vouchers form part of your vendor fee, and therefore, you will not be reimbursed by Five Acre Co. The event will be printing/distributing vouchers labelled with your business name, these will be used for staff meals as well as customer giveaways to promote your business. Please be sure to have a full meal option (1 Main, est. value $10.00, beverage not included) on your menu, include a description of the option in your application.
Hours of Operation
Food vendor booths must remain open for the duration of the event. Event goes on rain or shine and all vendors are expected to be open during the hours listed unless they are notified otherwise by event management.
|Date||Merch Vendors||Food Vendors|
|11/08/2023||4:30 – 11 pm||4:30 – 11 pm|
|12/08/2023||4:30 – 11 pm||4:30 – 11 pm|
Vendors are expected to retain their own float and change. Cash machines will be available on site for customer use.
Load In: Friday, Aug 11th: Noon-4:15 pm
Load Out: Preferred Sunday, Aug 13th by noon at latest.
If needed: Load out Saturday, Aug 12th 11:30 am can be arranged (timing is subject to safe egress and access)
* The Main Event Area is open until 11 pm – we require vendors to stay open until this time. (Event is open until 2 am – Food vendors may stay open for full event).
July 14th 2023 All forms due (including application form, concession agreement and cheques) received by Five Acre Co.
July 21st 2023 Proof of liability insurance and health permit provided by food vendors
(Don’t hesitate to contact us outside of these deadlines as we may still be able to accommodate your business!)
VENDOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
All vendors are responsible for knowing and following all the Event rules and regulations listed below:
- Vendors attending Five Acre Concert Series must be open, staffed and ready for business when the gates open.
- Unruly behaviour, making demands and any verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated. Those violating these Vendor Rules and Regulations will be escorted off site by Security/RCMP.
- No sale of raffle tickets for any items for fundraising activities without prior approval.
- Vendors may place their own signage inside their respective areas.
- Vendors will only be allowed to sell approved items.
- No REFUNDS. The Summer Concert Series is not responsible for personal loss or injury, or for any monetary loss that you may incur because of your participation in this event. Booth space is for a single operation only. No sub-leasing or sharing of space is allowed.
- Please keep the space around your booth clean and free of debris. All your garbage and recycling must be moved to the designated bins throughout the day and at the end of each day. This includes empty cartons and boxes.
- Please keep clothing racks etc. within the confines of your booth space.
- Organizers will not supply tents, tables or chairs for artisan vendors. Please bring your own.
- Vendors are responsible for ensuring that their goods are secured. While there are security personnel on site 24 hours a day, they are not responsible for individual booths and articles. Each vendor should ensure the security of their own items.
- NO bullhorns or megaphones, flashing lights or strobes, speakers or other amplified sound are allowed.
- NO hawkers. A vendor cannot solicit or harass the crowd for sales.
- NO vehicles of any kind are allowed on site by any vendor during the event operating hours.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PETS are allowed on the grounds and/or including booth spaces except for guide dogs and service animals. Please leave pets at home; we will not tolerate animals left in vehicles.
- Final booth setup and display are subject to approval by the Vendor Coordinator on site.
- Vendors must abide by the vendor guidelines and follow direction from Event organizers.
- Vendors are asked to allow Event organizers the right to take pictures and/or videos and to use their pictures and/or videos for future promotional opportunities for Five Acre Co. If you have not given permission, it is your responsibility to let the photographer know.
- ALL ITEMS must be removed from the site at the vendor’s expense. Five Acre Co reserves the right to charge additional post-Event fees as needed or to deny a vendor access to future events.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY: At NO time are alcohol or illegal drugs to be consumed on site or brought onto the grounds. If it is found that a vendor is in violation of this clause the booth will be shut down immediately. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING INSIDE YOUR BOOTH. Please report if you spot any suspicious activity to one of our staff workers.